Andrew Pandre, Ph.D. More details: please see
Experience with different organizations, including large (IBM, Sears), mid-sized (InterSystems, Environmental Systems Research Institute) and start-up companies (GeoTrust, Visionael, LakeView, Segue). Worked as the principal software engineer for IBM (1990-93), as the principal software architect (1994-98), as Software and Data Visualization Director/VP (1999-present) on diverse variety of innovative projects. Before 1990 worked as a Leading Computer Scientist for the Soviet Academy of Science.
Excellent Problem Solver, Experienced Data Scientist, Data Visualization Director.
Specialties: Data Visualization, Business Intelligence (BI), SDLC, ETL.
Data Visualization Expertize: Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, PowerPivot, Excel, SSAS.
Software Director: requirements – definition – design – development – deployment.
Software Designer: specifications, architecture, dataflow, UI, Visual Protos, QA.
LATEST PROJECTS: Managed the design and development of large projects:
- Technical Leader of Data Visualization Community for Sears (4000+ users)
- Hundreds of Practical Data Visualizations (Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire)
- SaaS Visualization of DataCloud with ability to sync drilldown all Cubes.
- Multiple data collection, alerting & reporting web applications (C#, SQL).
- Monitoring system for messaging servers & appliances (C#, .NET, SQL Server).
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE (22+ years in software industry, 12+ years of management)
- Data Visualization, Visual Analytics, BI, Architecture and Management.
- Software Architecture & Quality, Product, People management.
- Team Leadership & Project management, Team building.
- Expert Knowledge of the SDLC, Waterfall, source control & defect tracking.
- DB: Relational, Columnar, in-Memory DBMS; Multidimensional Cubes.
- Database replication, file & system cloning, remote boot.
- Network Design, Discovery, Validation, Simulation, LAN modeling
Data Visualization Director, 2014 – present, incapsulate, Boston, MA
- Building Data Visualization Practice for company
- Designing Data Visualizations (Tableau) for large insurance company
PRINCIPAL, Director of Data Visualization, 2012 – 2014, SHC
- Led Visualization Architecture, promoted Best Data Visualization Practices;
- Led the growth of Visualization Community from 200+ to 4000+ users;
- Led Sears’s migration from Tableau 7 to Tableau 8;
- Authored Data Visualization Blog for Sears’s Information Analytics Team;
- Published 600+ Practical Data Visualizations in 107+ Tableau workbooks;
- Managed the Sears’s Participation in Tableau’s Alpha and Beta Programs;
- Started&Managed the Data Visualization Group for Analytics Community;
- Data Visualization Advise, Design and Architecture for multiple projects:
· Self-Refreshing Activity Monitoring Dashboards for Information Analytics Portal;
· Visual Reports for Consumer Behavior Frequency Analysis (Shop Your Way Program);
· Visualized Time Series and Data Transparency for Consumer Data Integration;
· Dashboards with Trends and Rate of Changes for members of Shop Your Way Program;
· Visual Comparison of Replenishment and Point-Of-Sales Transactional Data Collectors;
· Developed Financial and Marketing Visual Weekly Summary for Chairman;
· Optimized Tableau Workbooks for Targeted Interactions Analytics and Inventories;
· Created dozens of Data Connections for Operational/Monitoring Dashboards;
· Improved performance of Operational Dashboards for Teradata-based Data Warehouse;
· Designed 30+ near-real-time monitoring Dashboards for Tableau Server;
· Optimized Data Extracts, Connections, Data Refreshes for corporate Tableau Server.
VP of Data Visualization, 2009 – 2012, PCA, http://www.practicaldb.com
* Designed hundreds Data Visualizations with Tableau, Qlikview, Spotfire, SSAS, Excel.
* Designed Visual Web Analytics for PCA’s Website Visitors Data
* Developed Motion Charts (Tableau, Qlikview, Google Motion Chart Widget).
* Visualized public databases: Gene Expression Atlas, AdventureWorks2008, etc.
* Designed Interactive Visualizations of Fragmentation, Compression, Usage, Query Optimization Statistics for all SQL Server Instances and Databases across entire corporate network.
Principal Data Visualization Consultant and Adviser, 2009 – present, Pagos, Cambridge, MA, http://www.pagos.com/
* Advising and Consulting on multiple Data Visualization topics and projects;
* Led the design of the architecture of Pagos Data Visualizer and Data Visualization Subsysten for SpreadsheetWEB
Director of Software Development, 2006 – 2009, Perillon, Littleton, MA
* Architected Perillon’s products: Dashboards (Qlikview) & FasTrak (SpreadsheetWEB);
* Designed, purchased hardware/software, managed a deployment of SaaS Datacenter;
* Designed and Managed (16+ engineers) multiple Performance Measurement and Management applications for BI, Analytics & Data Visualization for Environmental systems (including Green House Gases & Emission Monitoring), Executive Dashboards for Incidents, Audits, Inspections, Alerts (SpreadsheetWEB, SQL Server, Visual Studio).
Director of Software Development, 2004 – 06, Intellireach, Dedham MA:
· Managed the development (30+ engineers) of the complex reporting & monitoring system for large messaging servers appliances; 2 releases of system were delivered on-time (never happened before me).
· Managed the design of advanced messaging platform, including email management, message archiving and reporting products, led software architecture and design, developed UI Wireframes for entire system; helped to build the team.
Director of Software Development, 2002 – 2004, BridgeLine Software Inc., Woburn, MA
· Designed and Managed (12+ engineers) software, data & replication architecture for distributed Case Management System for federal government, managed R&D (C#, SQL, Natural); migrated databases from Adabas & FoxPro to SQL Server.
Director of Engineering, 1999 – 2001: GeoTrust Inc., Wellesley, MA
· Built the 15+ engineering & QA team and software architecture of web signing.
Engineering Manager & Principal Architect, 1998-99: NetSuite, Concord, MA
· Managed Virtual LAN project, with 10+ engineers in team, architected VLAN product.
Principal Software Architect, 1996 – 98, InterSystems, Cambridge, MA
- Developed (C++) Active M COM Server for exposing M language to web.
- Implemented (C++) Visual M as Visual Studio Add-In for Caché DBMS.
Principal Software Architect, 1995 – 96, Praxis, Framingham, MA
· Redesigned and ported OmniReplicator (now MIMIX® replicate1™) to Win32 with ODBC support of the heterogeneous, bi-directional, near real-time database replication (Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Sybase etc.)
Senior Software Architect, 1993-94, ESRI, Lowell, MA
- Project leader for R&D of AtlasGIS/TerraView mapping SDK for Win32.
- Improving (230%) the speed of the vector graphics engine in TerraView SDK.
Principal Software Engineer, 1990-93, IBM Corp.:
- Designed Image Comparator with superfast image differencing
- Improved the precision of the playback for Rational Robot
- Implemented CallTree tracing & code profiling for Lotus 1-2-3
- Improved segmentation and performance of 1-2-3 in low memory
- Developed the first Image Capturing & Comparison tool for Windows.
BACKGROUND as the Technical Leader and Software Architect.
· Designed Query tools & pLSA-based Indexing for Concept Discovery framework
· Designed PLSI-based metadata technology, won SBIR Phase I & II awards (2006-07).
· Designed the multi-user distributed Case Management System for Federal Government
· Designed secure real-time file replication & instant disaster recovery (over LAN).
· Architected DB Sync, implemented the remote measurement of the freshness of data.
· Designed automated remote system cloning & discovery of target system.
· Designed unique technology for remote formatting of hard disks over network.
· Co-Designed & implemented IBM’s Rational Robot for Windows.
· Improved Borland’s QAPartner/SilkTest Extension Kit.
· Implemented the automated capture, recording & replay keystrokes, mouse moves.
· Mathematical modeling, scientific algorithms, optimization & Monte-Carlo modeling.
· Automated technologies for memory management, performance tuning, QA.
EDUCATION: Ph.D. in CS, MIS Research Institute, MS in Math, Moscow University
PERSONAL: US Citizen, held Security Clearance in past.
33 references: https://apandre.wordpress.com/pandre/33-recommendations/